Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Showers!!!
Time for some shower pictures!!! My first shower was put together by my Mom and some wonderful family members in Northern IA. We played BINGO, dressed people in toilet paper, stuffed me full of marsh mellows, ate some delicious home-made pie, and spent time with family!
First I have so many toilet paper pictures, but here's a few for now:
My (in 18 days) sister-in-law conspired with my mother and decided to see how well I knew Will. ...we'll just give you one picture from the beginning of the game. The 2nd picture is me with the winner of the toilet paper dress contest! Last picture, well, my brother and April decided that was an appropriate gift. Trust me, we won't be needing any more of this type of gift for a long time.
A couple weekends later, I had two more showers while Will was off with his groomsmen for his bachelor party (more on that in the next post). The first one was in Southern Iowa put on by the ladies from my old church. It was a lovely brunch shower with many different breakfast foods, a BINGO game where you had to guess what presents I would open, and time spent with people I haven't seen in quite a while!
Loretta made me this lovely bouquet!
Last (but not least!) my matron of honor put on a shower for me in Ames! She made home-made cheesecake, had some great games where my friends gave me marriage advice and helped me pack for the honeymoon, and of course there's nothing like time spent with my amazing friends!
...and sometimes I ruin games...
A special thanks goes out to all of the people who made these showers a possibility! I loved each and every one of them and had a great time seeing everyone who came!
Now, I'll post some of Will's bachelor party pictures for those of you who aren't his Facebook friend... :-)