Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Proposal

While my mom, sisters, and I were in New York City this August, Will was trying to be sneaky. He decided to take a trip of his own to visit my dad. From what I hear, they had a nice conversation over some sandwiches while we were wandering around:


Earlier this year Will and I took a day trip to Iowa City where I got a pretty new dress. Naturally we agreed that if I got this dress, we would need to go on a nice date so I could use it. I then decided to leave the date planning all up to Will. All I was allowed to know was what day it was so I could get it off work. Finally September 17th comes along and we got all fancied up:


We started off the evening by going to Aunt Maude's for dinner, afterwards Will told me we had so much extra time that we should just walk around downtown Ames. So we did. It was cold though, so we didn't walk far and ended up across the street at the old train station. Will's shoe was bothering him, which obviously I believed because it was bothering him at the beginning of our date too. So I was looking around as he bent down to "fix his shoe". Of course I looked at him eventually and he was on one knee asking me to marry him! I know, I fell for the shoe trick, but it was still wonderful. :)
The next part of our date began with a drive to Des Moines to see André Rieu's orchestra! We met up with Will's friends and afterwards we all went to the Cheesecake Factory. I'd have to say it was a pretty amazing day.