Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Dresses!
Jacque, Chelsie, Sheena, and I have gathered together twice now on the hunt for bridesmaids dresses. In the beginning I thought I was ready for the bridesmaid dress hunt. I was wrong. I had 3 gorgeous dresses that worked perfectly all picked out and then I had to go and pick a color like coral. Warning: coral isn't the best color to go with when you're picky in the bridesmaid dress department.
Naturally the dresses I really liked did not come in the right shade. I didn't think I was even being that picky in colors, I figured if it was a close enough coral-like color it could work. Unfortunately the Dessy company only had things that were too pink or too orange. Alas, the hunt continued.
We then went to a bridal shop in Des Moines (I can't even recall which one it was). That shopping trip had me feeling defeated. The closest we got to finding anything was a couple of possible chiffon dresses, noting I was in love with. Plus, if I was being completely honest with myself, chiffon wasn't the fabric of my bridesmaid dress dreams. I think I also failed to mention that I was trying to find dresses that weren't strapless.
Ok, so my requirements are: No strapless, coral, short dresses (no floor length), leaning towards satin or cotton fabrics, as well as comfortable and flattering for my girls.
Enter David's Bridal. My mom and I stopped by to look at some Mother dresses and instead I found bridesmaid dresses! They had not one, but two coral colors I liked! One of which matched my shoes perfectly! Plus they had the best selection of non-strapless dresses I'd seen in a while.
Yesterday all four of us (plus baby Bryson) hopped in some cars and took a trip to David's Bridal, thus ending the hunt for bridesmaids dresses! We found two dresses everyone loves in cotton sateen, color: guava (the shade that matches my shoes).
Jacque will be in this lovely dress (David's Bridal, style #F14259)
Chelsie & Sheena will be in this dress (David's Bridal, style #83690)
Side note: don't bother trying to look at the guava color on David's Bridal's website. It doesn't look the same on a computer screen as it does in person what-so-ever. :)