Monday, January 9, 2012

Vendor Search: Ceremony Music

During a conversation with Chelsie one day, I went and got it in my head that I wanted violinists to play the ceremony music at our wedding. So how do you go about looking for a violinist? That is a good question. Luckily I had plenty of friends to remind me that there is a university right next to me. I knew I had to contact the students, but I kept putting it off.

Today I decided to be productive. I searched the ISU website, found one of the faculty who teaches violin lessons. I e-mailed him to ask if he would put out a message to see if any of his students were interested in working at our wedding. However, I didn't just leave my pursuit for violinists to him alone. I also posted a few of these around Music Hall:

Within two hours, a student called me. He seemed very professional and nice over the phone, plus he's worked at weddings before! We have a meeting set up for next Monday! So this segment of vendor search will be continued...